Thursday 9 May 2013

Where is the milk chocolate?





***Why I want the product***   
Being a person with a very sweet tooth this question is easy, because I love chocolate and everything sweet, but the other reason is because I am a BzzAgent I got this beauty for free to test and give my opinion on.

***About the product***
When I think of Aero I automatically think of their bars of peppermint and orange bars of chocolate, which never lasts long by the way. I do not think of Aero products as being in bite sized or share bags.

Aero Bubbles have a distinctively light and bubbly texture but with half and half shell of peppermint and milk chocolate.

Aero show their new advertisement for this product as people going along their daily business but bouncing around on green balls, while sharing a light snack Aero with friends, who also starts to bounce around until they’ve finished their confectionary and throwing the wrapper in the bin. The green bouncy ball also disappears. Aero’s slogan is “Aero, making the world a bubblier place”. 

***Packaging***
I have the peppermint one that comes in 36g bag. The packaging is what you would expect of Aero, bright with the refreshing green minty colour that stays true to Aero without straying too far away from their logos and consumers dismissing them for something else.

The front sees Aero Bubbles in chocolate written to the left and the little balls of goodness themselves on the right, which also sees the half/half of peppermint and milk chocolate. The front of the packaging also tells you that you are consuming 195 calories per bag, which is 10% of your recommended diet.
The back tells you about the ingredients (below) and a little bit about the product.  

***Ingredients***
Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Dried Whole Milk, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Vegetable Fat, Lactose and Proteins from Whey, Whey Powder, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Butterfat, Flavouring),Sugar ,Vegetable Fat ,Whey Powder ,Dried Skimmed Milk ,Butterfat ,Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin) ,Glazing Agent (Gum Arabic) ,Polydextrose ,Glucose Syrup ,Flavouring ,Colours (Copper Complexes of Chlorophyllins, Curcumin) ,Milk Chocolate contains Milk Solids 14% minimum and Vegetable Fat in addition to Cocoa Butter

***The smell and taste***
Opening the packaging the peppermint smell hits you first, which to me I feel is a little overwhelming as I do not remember the bars being this strong. But the distinctive smell can only be from Aero. Taking out one of the balls, they are a little bigger than a Malteaser I would say it feels slightly heavier yet still being on the light side as you would expect.

Biting into half the shell I am surprised to see inside is all peppermint flavouring and not half/half like I expected it to be. This explains why the peppermint flavour is so strong.
The product is very creamy, light with the bubbly middle but the peppermint flavouring is I would say slightly stronger than the bars. It is actually not as overpowering as I first thought but I would have liked to see half peppermint and half milk chocolate though.

Diving in the bag while watching TV with a lovely cup of tea I am not surprised to see how quick these little balls of fun go down, before I know it there is one (none) left. In total you get 13 balls in each 36g bag.

***Price and availability***
Available in refreshing Peppermint, with half green and half milk coloured shell, in Snack (36g) around £1.00 and Sharing (113g) Bags (around £1.89. Sharing Bags are also available in zesty Orange flavour.

Aero Bubbles are available at most supermarkets and small shops that sell confectionery.

***What I think about it/do I like it?***
I like that each ball is bursting with flavour, I am surprised at how light they are and great for a snack before meals and you know you will not be spoiling your dinner because of being naughty. But I am actually disappointed that the balls are not half and half inside like I expected. I think this would have been a great twist for Aero and something they missed out on.


***Would I purchase again?***
No, the above would not stop me from purchasing them in the future, and something I would feel happy to giving to my daughter before her main meals without spoiling her dinner.





No comments:

Post a Comment