Tuesday 23 April 2013

Review: Scholl Express Pedi


***Why I want the product***   
I am a person who does neglect my feet, I do not do a lot with them apart from applying nail polish and the manicure when the warmer weather shows up. I have a hand held foot file and do not even use that so my feet are the most neglected part of my body even though they are the hardest working part of anyone’s body.


Very lucky for me with the summer *fingers crossed* approaching I was asked to take part in Scholl Express Pedi from BzzAgent, which I received for free for the purpose of this review. Now is the time I can start to look after my feet and I have no excess now. 

***About the product***
Express Pedi was specifically developed and designed for the professional removal of hard skin on your feet at the comfort of your own home. The special electrical micro roller surface makes it easy for you to effectively remove hard, dead skin in a safe way without the use of sharp knives. This portal device is the ideal solution to take away with you or use at home.



***Packaging***
Scholl Express Pedi comes in a hard sealed plastic container that needs to be opened with scissors. The front of the packaging is eye catching, the device stands out away from the packaging giving it a 3D look and feel. With the bright yellow going down into deep blue’s it gives the background a summery/holiday feel.
The back is just as eye catching with the picture of the device, a little about the product and how to use.

Included is also 2 AA batteries, which is a plus for me as a pet hate is products that do not come all ready with batteries, which means more expense.
x1 roller, instruction manual and of course the Express Pedi.



***Applying the product, and how it feels***
Finally getting inside the packaging I am surprised to feel the device is quite light but more heavier with the batteries inserted but not so heavy that it is uncomfortable. The battery cover at the back just slides off and the batteries are easy inserted.

The device looks sleek, fresh and simple with shiny white plastic around the parameter of the device and baby blue in the middle with an egg shaped silver push up switch. The bottom writing in silver on the white background says Scholl Express Pedi.
The top sees a clear plastic safely cover with air holes at the top, pulling the safety clip off the blue roller is exposed. To the top right hand side there is a little push down switch that releases the roller; you then simply insert the roller into the desired place until it clicks back into place. Easy.

Getting my un-kept feet out and switching on the device, it is not as loud as I thought I would be, not as loud as a electric toothbrush for example but enough for an electrical device. The roller spins fast continuously until you switch it off again, the roller is a little like sand paper but a lot less rough on the skin but has the same feel and look.

Taking the roller to my foot I was almost expecting it to hurt due to how fast the roller moved and because it felt so rough, but in reality the Express Pedi actually feels soft on the skin, gently rolling the Express Pedi over the soul of my feet back and forth I can see within a matter of seconds white dust flying off from the device and that white dust is my dry skin and it actually felt like it was tickling my feet rather than doing the job it is meant to be doing. Express Pedi say to use this device on an area of skin for 2/3 seconds at a time, anymore and the device could cause sore skin.

After a few seconds on each part of the soul of my feet, removing the Express Pedi I am very surprised to see how much fine white power (dead skin) is actually on the device and on my foot. However, the proof is in my foot and feeling my foot compared to the other I am very amazed at how much more softer my foot actually is. Although I am not one of these people that suffer from a great amount of dry skin on my feet I am still amazed at how much dead skin has come off and how soft my foot feels. So much so that my foot actually looks brighter and younger compared to the other foot.






***Warning***
Do not use on very cracked or bloody skin. Keep out of reach of children. If the skin is sore or inflamed, discontinue use of the product. Store in a safe place. Make sure the device does not get wet. Don't use for longer than 20 minutes at a time. This product is Not Suitable for diabetics and those with poor blood circulation.

***Price and availability***
Scholl Express Pedi can be bought from superdrug.com, boots.com and other retail outlets for £39.99
The recommended replacement rollers retail for around £12.49 each.

***What I think about it/do I like it?***
I actually like it a lot and this product as quickly worked its way into my beauty routine that takes a matter of seconds to achieve great looking feet.  Now I do not worry about putting my feet on show without worrying what others might think. I now show my feet of proudly with lovely nail polish to go with it.

The only thing I do not like about Express Pedi is I feel the part where you put your foot to the roller I feel it is too small for the average foot to get around the corners and shape of the foot. Other than that a perfect for anyone this summer.

***Would I purchase again?***
If I had to purchase this myself, no I would not fork out nearly £40 for this device, although a great way to keep your feet in shape I just personally feel it is very expensive for what it is when you can get creams, lotions these days that go on the feet and then you rub away to reveal new skin underneath for half of the price of Express Pedi.

I will purchase replacement pads when I feel the time is needed but I will not be paying the recommended retail price of £12.49, I will most certainly be looking elsewhere that is cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment